Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly toxic, colorless, odorless and flammable gas that is slightly lighter than air. It is produced when carbon containing materials do not burn completely to carbon dioxide because of insufficient oxygen.
It cannot be detected by our human senses. We cannot see it, smell it or taste it. But unlike many gases, small amounts are extremely harmful to us. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, nausea, temporary loss of consciousness that can lead to a coma, weak pulse, respiratory failure and sadly, death.
Analox provide the following carbon monoxide (CO) gas monitoring solutions:
Carbon monoxide (CO) is so dangerously toxic that it doesn’t warrant a fun fact.