Our story began in 1981 in a little office above a charity shop in Guisborough, North Yorkshire.
Alan Harbottle and his small team had a big vision, to provide affordable gas analyzers for all markets who needed them. Fast forward almost 4 decades and that vision still stands, now with a bigger team and a substantially larger office!
Analox across the decades
When Analox began, we couldn’t have dreamt of how the company would evolve. We have been involved in some amazing projects throughout our history. It is truly incredible and something which fills our whole team with pride every day.
Let us take you on a journey through our iconic moments:
- Founded in 1981, primarily focused on supplying equipment to support commercial diving activities in the oil & gas sector.
- 1990 Our equipment was approved for use by US Navy and we began to supply submarine escape analyzers.
- 1996 Developed the first, market-leading, low cost infrared carbon dioxide (CO2) sensor making carbon dioxide (CO2) detection affordable for bars & restaurants. We worked with our German partner to campaign for a legislative change to promote safer working environments and since then carbon dioxide (CO2) detectors became mandatory in all bars & restaurants in Germany.
- 2002 Established our US operation for sales, support and distribution.
- 2005 Design and supply of equipment for several submarine rescue systems.
- 2008 Analox Hypergas Hydrocarbon analyzer was mandated by the OGP. We are still the only company in the world with the capability of measuring hydrocarbons in 95% RH inside deep-sea diving bells. Protecting divers across the globe.
- 2012 We designed and supplied gas detection for manned space shuttles heading to the International Space Station.
- 2018 Acquisition of a gas sensing company expanding our technology capability to include GFC Infrared technology and increased multigas analysis and custom build solutions.
- 2019 Supply of central and distributed primary submarine atmosphere monitoring systems to several nations.
So what does Analox do?
We take your challenge, mix it with our passion, add in a large slice of customer-centric working and create amazing gas sensing products.
Where are our products used?
Analox gas sensing systems are used across the globe in applications such as:
- Agricultural research labs to combat methane release
- Keeping our submariners safe with comprehensive submarine atmosphere monitoring systems
- Deep-sea diving bells as we are the only company in the world who can monitor hydrocarbons at 300m under the sea in 95% RH
- Space exploration with Analox oxygen (O2) sensors protecting astronauts
- Breath analysis for patient diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases
- Biomass plants to enable the production of green energy
- Diners, bars, fast food restaurants protecting staff from carbon dioxide (CO2) leaks
- Hospitals with our oxygen (O2) monitors protecting key medical workers
Analox analyzers are used in many more industries and applications, take a look at our Markets page at the top for more information.