The Aspida is the ideal solution to protect you and your team from the dangers of enriched oxygen (O2), carbon dioxide (CO2) or inert gas leaks.
Enriched oxygen (O2) can cause a condition on the human body called hyperoxia, enriched CO2 is highly toxic, both are a threat to life and must be safeguarded against.
If an inert gas such as nitrogen (N2), argon (Ar), helium (He) or liquid nitrogen (LN2) leaks then this will deplete the levels of oxygen (O2) in the surrounding area, creating a dangerous atmosphere.
The Aspida can offer personal protection and alerts to all of these risks, offering you true peace of mind.
The Aspida is a robust, high specification personal oxygen (O2), carbon dioxide (CO2) or dual (O2 / CO2 combined) monitor which can be worn on a belt or even wall mounted as a backup to a primary safety system.
Offering audible and visual alarms, data logging and a man down alarm for lone workers, it is an ideal solution to protect staff from the dangers of a leak of carbon dioxide (CO2), oxygen (O2) or inert gas.
The Aspida is an affordable, easy to operate gas detection monitor and is perfect for ensuring safety in areas where the gas is piped, used or stored.
It operates using rechargeable battery technology allowing it to run for more than 12 hours continuously between charges.
- IP65 rated, ensuring the unit is dust tight and protected against water.
- Data logging capability
- Man down alarm
- Time Weighted Average (TWA) monitoring
- Rechargeable batteries
- Intelligent software – upto 2 users registered to one unit
- User changeable alarms
- 23.5% for oxygen (O2) enrichment (As per NHS SOPS/EH40/OSHA)
- 19.5% for oxygen (O2) deficiency
- 0.5% & 1.5% for carbon dioxide (CO2) enrichment
- Fast Food Establishments
- Pubs & Bars
- Gas Delivery Drivers
- Hospitals (ER, ICU, COVID Wards and A&E)
- Horticulture including Cannabis and tomato farms
- IVF and Medical Clinics
- Gas Manufacturing and Blending
- Biomass and Biogas Plants
- Carbon Capture Facilities
The Aspida can be ordered as a single or dual gas monitor:
- Oxygen (O2) only
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) only
- Oxygen (O2) and Carbon dioxide (CO2) dual unit
Get in touch to discuss a maintenance schedule as well as any training packages that are available for your team.
We also have a 24/7/365 emergency support helpline available to all customers.
Analox, always by your side.
Standards such as OSHA, EH40 and TUV in Europe mandate that employees and members of the public are not exposed to potentially dangerous levels of CO2 as it is a highly toxic gas in relatively small quantities.
Guidelines also advise consideration be given to the use of oxygen monitors where inert gases such as nitrogen are used, as a leak can cause an asphyxiation risk.
The NHS SOPS (Standard Operating Procedures) also details the requirement for oxygen (O2) enrichment monitoring.
Analox are committed to helping you achieve your local and application specific legislation, please call us to discuss your requirements.
- Car charger for on the go charging
- Wall mount kit to use as a back up to your fixed system or easy storage